Social Media Virtual Assistants ?By
I have recently taken on two new contracts for Internet Business Development. Part of my contracted services includes assistance with setting up a Social Media plan and corporate blog. I am quickly discovering that there seems to be a shortage of virtual assistants who have the social media knowledge and skills most small internet companies need to continue with the daily management and promotion of their corporate blogs and social media strategies.
There are also many Internet Entrepreneurs and Bloggers out there telling me they simply don’t have enough time to do it all. Here are a few of the common tasks they have said they need help with;
1) WordPress management (uploading plugins, widgets, wordpress updates, approving comments)
2) Blog promotion ( social bookmarking, carnivals, submitting to directories)
3) Managing Social Media accounts and platforms such as Myspace, Twitter, FaceBook
4) Answering contact emails (gatekeepers)
3) Proofing and publishing blog posts
5) General assistant duties (booking flights, sending mom a mothers day bouquet)
6) Copy writing
7) Managing domain registration and hosting
8) Managing projects such as graphic design, writing, and PR
Affordability is an issue, as is finding someone with enough general knowledge to undertake all these tasks.
So here is my solution … HerMedia plans to offer Social Media Virtual Assistant Services, customized to the individual needs and budget of each client. Tell me what you think ….
Contact us for more details