Free Desktop Sharing ProgramsBy
I will be training some new Social Media Virtual assistants over the next month and realized I needed some desk top sharing software or services. I have used Macromedia Breeze in the past. Macromedia Breeze is great for online presentations, however, I wanted something a little less complicated.
I have settled on testing two services; Yuuguu and ScreenStream. Yuuguu for my online training and web conferencing services. ScreenStream when I need a quick and simple way to share my desktop as it provides a URL for my viewers (they will not have to download any software).
I also like Go to Meeting they offer online webinar meeting services that I will be looking into for the New Year. Prices for Go to meeting start at $49 a month and their webinar service starts at $98 a month. I have had other business partners use their web conferencing solution when showing me presentations, it was fast to download and install as an attendee. They seem to have some great reporting tools “robust reporting functionality delivers qualified audience lists sorted by their level of interest after each Webinar. …The streamlined self-service interface enables you to plan, deliver, record and analyze Webinars quickly and easily without technical support.”
Here is a list of some additional free and affordable web conferencing services and desktop sharing solutions:
1) Yuuguu - a free service. Charges for international call numbers. Remote access from a PC or MAC.
2) Cross Loop: Is a way to offer your services to others. View HerMedia’s Cross Loop Profile. This isn’t for inhouse training, If you are looking for a way to offer your service to others this is the platform for you. It offers promotion of your service and billing. See Video
3) Show My PC: ShowMyPC provides free and premium tools for Instant Collaboration to all users. ShowMyPC Desktop Sharing and Remote PC access, as free community alternatives to WebEx or Gotomypc.
4) ScreenStream: A free simple Desktop Streaming application. “ScreenStream lets others ‘watch’ your screen on their computers over the network or the internet. It is the modern equivalent of the overhead projector. When you turn on screen sharing others on your network (or even the internet) can view what is on your screen by typing the link (and optional access code) into their internet browser. They can continue to watch your screen until you turn off screen sharing.”
5) Team Viewer is a secure remote desk top sharing and conference software application (requires download), offers remote control of PCs, screen sharing, file transfer, and chat ability.